Berries are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals which may help protect us from the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain types of cancer.
DID YOU KNOW:
• Strawberries have more vitamin C per serving than
• Raspberries can be found in assorted colors including gold,
black and purple, but red raspberries are the most common.
• Technically, the blackberry is a drupelet, or a cluster of fruits,
like a bunch of grapes.
• Anthocyanins, flavonoids thought to help protect our brains,
give blackberries their glossy, dark color.
• Blueberries don’t have as much vitamin C as other berries
but are packed with other phytonutrients.
• To ensure your berries stay fresh, keep them dry and only
wash right before you eat them.